"In all this I have given you an example that by such work we must support the weak, remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, for he himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive.’”
Acts 20.35

We raise the bulk of this money via our annual Active Giving scheme. Members of the church family commit themselves to support the work of St Mary’s through regular, proportional, planned giving by standing order, or through the envelope scheme in the Sunday collection. The Biblical principle is to “tithe” our income – in practice this may mean whatever percentage we believe, after prayer, is right for us, but for some people it does indeed mean 10% shared between church and other charitable causes.
On some designated Sundays, we give all the cash in the collection (excluding that given through the envelope scheme) to various charities and mission projects. We support a number of charitable concerns, both at home and abroad.
In addition to honouring our regular commitments, we fundraise for specific projects like our youthwork programme and the 2022 anniversary project to refurbish the church.

Online Banking
If you want to make a one-off donation or set up a regular standing order please use the following bank details

Account name: St. Mary’s PCC
Account No: 00738648
Sort Code: 12-11-03

Note once you have made a donation or set up your standing order please drop us an email to the Parish Office


Cash can be given in the church collection on a Sunday. Income tax can be reclaimed on this money if it is in a Gift Aid envelope.


You can give cheques on a one-off or regular basis. Cheques should be payable to ST MARY'S PCC.

Active Giving

Active, planned giving is a vital way of showing your support for St. Mary’s and making sure the everyday miracle of all that goes on here continues.

If you are not already an Active Giver please become one now by letting us know how much you are willing to give monthly.

If you are already an Active Giver please consider increasing the amount you give monthly. Even if you’re unable to do so please be sure to renew your pledge here.




If you are a UK taxpayer you can increase the value of your donation through Gift Aid at no extra cost to yourself. This allows St Mary’s to reclaim tax on any donation you make to the value of 25p for every £1 you give. You can download a Gift Aid form here, or obtain one from church. Please return the completed form to the church and we will reclaim the tax on your gift. Remember to notify the church if you cease to be a taxpayer.

Cathy Howard

Giving through your Tax Return

If you are a higher rate tax payer (40%) the church can only claim back  at the standard rate on your gift.
You can then reclaim the remaining tax paid on any gifts in your annual tax return. You should do this in the year of the gift wherever possible. If you wish this part of your tax relief to be given to St Mary’s, Primrose Hill, you can request on your tax return that the Inland Revenue does this. You will need to quote reference number KAJ20XG in your return.
Cathy Howard, our Stewardship Secretary, will be glad to supply you with any of the appropriate forms, and will be happy to answer any questions entirely confidentially.

Are You Willing?

Have you thought of remembering St Mary’s in your will? Leaving a gift in your Will to St Mary’s is one way you can make a real and lasting difference. It also has the advantage of reducing your inheritance tax liability. There are various types of legacies:

· a specific percentage of your total estate
· a residual legacy – this is the amount left after all the specific legacies have been made
· a specific amount of cash

In each case the wording you should use is:

“I give to the Parochial Church Council of the Parish of St Mary the Virgin, Primrose Hill, in the Diocese of London, the sum of £x (or x% of my residuary estate) free of duty to be applied as to both capital and income by them for such purposes specified in Section 5 of the Parochial Church Councils (Powers) Measure 1956 as are charitable; and I declare that the receipt of the PCC Treasurer or other proper officer of the Council shall be a sufficient discharge to my Trustees.”